National Indigenous Legal Conference & Indigenous Health Justice Conference 2019
13-14 August Darwin
Now in its 14th year, the National Indigenous Legal Conference brings together lawyers, academics, students and related professionals from across Australia. This year’s theme is True Justice: Integrating Indigenous Perspectives.
Presenters will include Professor Mick Dodson AM (Australian of the Year 2009), Dr Pat Miller AO (Centenary of Federation Medal recipient 2003), and David Woodroffe (National Indigenous Legal Professional of the Year 2013), amongst many other exciting speakers.
For more information on the program click here: https://www.nilc2019.org/program
A Gala Ball and Dinner will be held at Pee Wee’s on the Point on 14 August, where the recipient of the Commonwealth Attorney-General’s prestigious National Indigenous Legal Professional of the Year Award will be announced. There will also be a sun-downer event held on 13 August with motivational speakers showcasing Indigenous talent in law and health. For more information on the conference events, a draft conference program and to register, please visit https://www.nilc2019.org/ .
- Conference Flyer
- Indigenous Health Justice Conference Flyer
- Gala Dinner Flyer
- Post-Conference Golf Day Flyer
- Date: 13-14 August 2019
- Location: Darwin Convention Centre
- Adult: $350 pp
- Gala Ball and Dinner: $180 pp (incl three-course meal, drinks and entertainment)
- Register here: https://www.nilc2019.org/register
The conference will be hosted by Winkiku Rrumbangi NT Indigenous Lawyers Aboriginal Corporation. Winkiku Rrumbangi represents Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander lawyers, law students and legal professionals in the Northern Territory and works to support Indigenous law students to become our future leaders. Find out more about their work here: www.winkiku-rrumbangi.org.au
The Indigenous Health Justice Conference is presented in partnership with the Aboriginal Medical Services Alliance NT (AMSANT), the Aboriginal Community Controlled Health peak body in the Northern Territory. Find out more about AMSANT here: http://www.amsant.org.au/ .
Come along to some of our great conference side events! Register online.
Monday, 12 August, 3-7:00 pm
- For attendees arriving the day before the joint conferences, the optional Cultural Tour of Darwin facilitated by Richard Fejo and James Parfitt (Fejo) is especially designed for our guests.
- Tickets are $35 and can be purchased at conference registration. Please be at the Darwin Convention Centre at 2:15 pm for a 2:30 pm departure.
Tuesday, 13 August, 5-7:00 pm
- The fourth annual Cudgarees (female) and Canapes is an established sun-downer event on the Darwin legal calendar. This year we will also include inspirational speakers from the health sector.
- An event slow in the making, this year we will also host our first Mulligahs (male) and Muckun (food) event.
- No registration required. Please be at the Darwin Convention Centre at 4:45 for a 5:00 pm departure.
Wednesday, 14 August, 5:30 pm - late
- We are proud to present the Gala Ball and Dinner at the renowned Pee Wee's on the Point.
- Tickets can be purchased at conference registration.
Thursday, 15 August, 2:00 pm +
- Building on the successful annual NAIDOC event in Darwin, this Golf Day is for any person regardless of skill level or golf experience and will raise funds to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students enrolled in law and/or health. We will end the day at the iconic Thursday night dry season Mindil Beach markets.
- Submit your interest and/or a team of 4. Registration options will be made available closer to the date.